How do I make a reservation?
Please reserve a retreat with us directly online here. You can also find our contact information here, call or email us to book a retreat.
Where is Flow Retreat?
FlowRetreat is located in Fenglin Township in Hualien, Taiwan. Flow Retreat is the largest retreat center in Taiwan, and is also the first retreat center within a luxury resort. Situated in the midst of nature between Taiwan’s central and coastal mountain range, we welcome you to enjoy a relaxing retreat with us.
For more transportation information please see here.
We provide limited spots shuttle bus service from Linrong Shin Kong train station, if you need pick-up or drop-off service please contact us in advance to book.
What can I expect?
Hualien city is known for its lush nature, fresh air, and majestic mountain range views. Enjoying Flow Retreats in Hualien, you can enjoy yoga, meditation, mindfulness and specially themed wellness classes close to nature, taste delicious and nourishing vegetarian cuisine, join specially curated experiences and excursions to connect with our rich local culture and people, bathe in our on-site natural thermal spring, and experience one of our rejuvenating Ayurvedic SPA treatment.
What kind of food and drink do you provide?
Fresh, seasonal, delicious and nourishing vegetarian meals are included in all of our retreat programs. On site, we have clean filtered water and locally grown herbal tea at all times. You can also enjoy fresh juices, and healthy snacks. We can accommodate most special dietary restrictions if given advanced notice of at least one week prior to arrival.
Are retreats conducted in English?
All of our retreats are conducted in both English and Chinese, with translations provided as needed.
Do you accept drop-in?
Sorry we don’t accept drop-in customers to ensure each guest receives proper attention and care. Please visit our Reservations page and reserve your spot in advance.
What kind of class do you offer?
We offer traditional Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness, Ayurveda and many varieties of wellness classes and workshops. We also have many guest teachers and visiting masters here to share their unique talent and knowledge, you can learn more about our teacher lineups here(待貼link).
What can I do in my free time?
At Flow, you’re invited to do as little or as much as you like. All scheduled activities are optional. During your free time, you relax or meditate in our comfortable Forest Chalet, book a relaxing treatment in our Ayurveda SPA, or enjoy our many facilities on site such as our natural thermal spring, cafe and bar.
Can I visit Ayurveda SPA without joining a retreat?
Absolutely! Please contact us here to schedule an Ayurveda SPA appointment.
When are you open?
We are open year-round, welcome to join us any time! Our on-going regular retreat programs include: Flow Wellness Retreat, Flow Detox & Renewal Retreat, Flow Seniors Retreat, Go With Your Flow Retreat, and Corporate Mindfulness Retreat. We explore different wellness themes each month, diving deep to offer our guests fresh and unique experiences with each visit.
What is your cancellation policy?
Go with your Flow:
- Cancellation notice provided 3 days before retreat start date, guest can receive 100% refund.
- Cancellation notice provided within 3 days before retreat start date, guest will be charged 50% of first night’s room fee for penalty.
- In case of no-show, a penalty of 1 night will apply.
3D2N Retreat (or more):
- Cancellation notice provided 21 days before retreat start date, guest can receive 100% refund.
- Cancellation notice provided 20-1 days before retreat start date, guest can receive 50% refund.
- In case of no-show, a penalty of 100% will apply.
What is your modification policy?
- Modification notice provided 21 days or more before retreat start date, guest can modify the reservation date without transaction fee.
- Modification notice provided 20-2 days before retreat start date, guest can modify the reservation date with transaction fee of NTD$1000.
- Modification notice provided 1 day before retreat start date, guest can receive 50% refund.
- Modification notice provided on the day of retreat start date, no refund will be given.
What should I pack?
Clothing & Basics
- Water bottle (Flow Detox & Renewal guests, please bring one large water bottle larger than 500ml)
- Comfortable and stretchy clothing for yoga (layering is recommended so you can adjust to the temperature accordingly)
- Long sleeve shirt and pants for nature walks and local excursions.
- Rain-proof / wind-proof / warm jacket for nature walks and local excursions.
- Undergarments & socks.
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals.
We provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion made with 100% natural essential oils.
Please bring your own:
- Tooth care – toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair care – Hair brush, hair tie, hair clip
- Eye care – contact solution, glasses
- Skin care – sunscreen, make-up remover, lotion, deodorant, cosmetics
- Cell phone, camera and charger
- Power adaptor (if coming from outside of Taiwan), Taiwan provide power at 110 voltage
- Visa requirement – please check your passport expiry date and visa requirement prior to booking plane ticket to Taiwan
- Travel & medical insurance is recommended
- Photocopy of your ID, travel & medical insurance (if applicable)
- Medical masks, Taiwan government regulations require guests to wear masks at all times except during class & meal times.
Are there little black mosquitoes around?
Being close to nature, insects and bugs are inevitable including little black mosquitoes. We take great care to clean and maintain our property to reduce the possibilities of mosquitoes. We provide mosquito repellent in all public areas. If you prefer a certain brand of mosquito repellent, you are welcome to bring your own. We also encourage you to prepare long sleeves and pants for extra protection.
Can I bring my own yoga mat?
Absolutely! Flow Yoga Shala is equipped with lululemon yoga mats and everything you need for class. We sanitize and clean all the equipment after each use. You are also welcome to bring your own.
What kind of payments do you have?
For international guests, we accept all major credit card payments. For local guests, we accept all major credit card payments, ATM and bank transfers.
Do you offer wireless internet in all areas?
Wireless internet is provided in all areas on-site.
Do I need to have yoga experience to join a retreat?
No, our retreats are suitable for all levels. Many of our guests come as beginners with little or no previous experiences. Our team of professional teachers will tailor the classes and adjust to accommodate all individuals.
Can I smoke?
No smoking is allowed anywhere inside resort property.
Can I come when I’m pregnant?
Yes! If you are currently pregnant, please let us know at the time of booking. Our teachers can adjust classes according to your needs. However, we strongly recommend you seek medical doctor’s advice before joining our retreat as every individual is different.
Can I bring my children and pets?
Flow Retreats is adults only, all guests must be 16 years old or older and pets are not allowed. If you wish to bring your children, there are family-friendly room types and activities at Chu Resort that are especially designed for children.
I want to have a special celebration with family / partner / friends, can you help to arrange?
We love to help our guests plan special celebrations and gifts! Please let us know at the time of booking and we’ll do our best to make your celebration a memorable one.
Can I join retreats alone?
Of course! In fact, the majority of our guests come by themselves. At Flow, you can enjoy precious time alone and have opportunities to connect with like-minded new friends in a warm and supportive environment. Come as you are, all are welcome!
What’s the weather like?
We are located between Taiwan’s central and coaster mountain ranges. The weather here is tropical, humid, and changes by the season. Summer season (May – November) temperature is around 25°C, July and August are the hottest months with temperature rising to around 32°C and frequent rains. Fall, winter and spring seasons (November – April) are cooler, especially December-February are the coldest months with temperatures falling to around 17°C or 18°C. All of our indoor spaces are equipped with air conditioning and heating, ensuring you can enjoy your retreat in comfort all year round.
What is your COVID policy?
- According to Taiwan government requirements, masks can be temporarily removed during yoga classes, outdoor activities and meals. Masks must be worn the rest of the time in public.
- After each class, all equipment and public areas will be fully disinfected and cleaned thoroughly.
- If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms such as headache, fever, running noses, cough, diarrhea, etc., or if you are a close contact of someone who is under quarantine, we recommend you to postpone your retreat. Please contact us, we will help you to change your retreat date.